As a reporting and analytics platform, ensuring the integrity of customer data is at the heart of our business. And as you may be aware, a variety of global privacy initiatives that govern the handling of customer data are slated to be enacted in the coming years, with the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) leading the charge.
We're excited to announce that we've made some crucial updates, which not only bring us into full compliance with the GDPR, but also position us ahead of the curve with regard to future consumer privacy regulations, and - we hope - demonstrate to customers our commitment to transparency, data integrity, and the philosophical viewpoint that end users should ultimately have control over their own data.
Here's a quick summary on what we've done:
- Developed an internal policy and protocol allowing for the complete and permanent deletion of a customer's personal data upon request.
- Added a clear declaration of the data that we collect when customers sign up for our platform, and described the ways in which we may use that data.
- Added a statement declaring your right to request that we permanently and completely delete your personal data and/or provide you with a copy of that data.
- Clearly identifed our third party tracking analytics vendors and behavioral remarketing mediums.
Changes to our Terms and Conditions:
- Clearly defined the meaning, rights, terms and requirements of a "subscription"
- Clarified our refund policy
- Added a description of the steps required to cancel a membership
- Added details on the ways in which we make use of any content or media uploaded to our platform
As always, thanks for your support as we grow and improve!
Written by Trever Clark
Director of Customer Communications at AgencyAnalytics. Passionate about: SaaS onboarding, customer success, and home-distilling artisanal whiskies like a true Grand Rapids hipster.